Chaz Bono: How My Sex Change Altered My Relationship
- Photo: Ed Ruvalcaba / London Ent./Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP3 of 6
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Louise Barnsley/Max Butterworth/Pacific Coast News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
For more than five years, Jennifer Elias stuck by love Chaz Bono through thick and thin.
Appearing alongside Cher's eldest child on Monday's "Oprah Winfrey Show," Elias admits "it was really hard" when her partner (formerly known as Chastity) transitioned from female to male.
Added Bono, 42, who announced his momentous decision in June 2009, "We had to really almost re-learn how to communicate and how to be around each other."
"Things had changed," said Bono. "Just me saying the same thing that I would have before with a deeper voice and more of a presence."
"Testosterone," Winfrey chimed in.
"Right," Elias said.
"Suddenly [things] didn't mean the same thing to her. And so we really had to, you know, adjust our -- how we did things and relearn how to be together."
The famous child of Cher and the late Sonny Bono also tells Winfrey that the Hilary Swank film, "Boys Don't Cry," about a biologiocal female who yearns to be male, inspired him.
The Oprah Winfrey Show airs Monday.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM USWEEKLY:
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite