Chelsea Handler Doesn't Regret Having an Abortion at Age 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: David J. Phillip/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Timothy Hiatt/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: MarkTheShark.com/.6 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images/Twitter7 of 16
- Photo: John Parra/Getty Images North America8 of 16
- Photo: John Parra/GettyImages.com9 of 16
- Photo: Redbook/.10 of 16
- Photo: @chelseahandler/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: @chelseahandler/Twitter15 of 16
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Not everything in Chelsea Handler's life is a laughing matter.
While appearing on "The Rosie Show," the 36-year-old TV host revealed she got pregnant when she was just 16 years old -- and she was determined to keep the child.
"I was so delusional," Handler said Wednesday. "I was like, 'I'm ready for a baby.'"
The New Jersey native's parents, Rita and Seymour, had different plans for their daughter. "You're throwing your entire life away," they told her. "You're supposed to create a life for yourself. We want you to enjoy your life and not be raising a child, and we're certainly not going to raise it for you."
Host Rosie O'Donnell sympathized with Handler, arguing that for some women, having an abortion isn't "a life-defining negative thing."
Twenty years later, Handler said she has "no regrets" about her decision. "I wouldn't be a good mother," the best-selling author said. "You should do whatever you want with your body and you shouldn't let anyone tell you what to do."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the biggest fashion mistakes celebs made in 2012.Watch Video »
See what parts of their bodies stars like Jennifer Lopez and Heidi Klum have insurance policies for.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite