Chelsea Handler: I Was Attacked by a Sea Lion!
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: Chelsea Handler/Lockerz/Twitter2 of 14
- Photo: @chelseahandler/Twitter3 of 14
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 14
- Photo: BDA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 14
- Photo: INB/WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage8 of 14
- Photo: Brian Bowen Smith/Redbook/.9 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: @chelseahandler/Twitter11 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks12 of 14
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Chelsea Handler's high-sea adventure was scarier than she ever anticipated.
On the Sept. 4 episode of her hit E! talk show "Chelsea Lately," the 37-year-old comedienne explained how she was recently attacked by a sea lion.
"This summer, after recovering from my ACL surgery, I managed to sustain only one other bodily injury," explained Handler, who had knee surgery in late May after a skiing accident. "I was innocently paddle boarding in the Pacific when suddenly a rogue sea lion leaped up and viciously attacked my leg."
"You don't believe me?" Handler asked, lifting up her skirt and pointing to her left leg, adorned with bandages. "These medical stickers are real!"
During the round table segment, Handler gave a more elaborate description of what transpired. "I fell off my paddle board and I saw a sea lion who was following me out. I was with some friends and I left them. I don't know where they went, but anyway, a sea lion came around, looked me in the face and I thought, 'F---!' I'm like, 'I know I'm going to get bitten by a sea lion!' Of course I would! Who else would get attacked?"
"I just remember from being on safari the guy was like, 'Just make loud noises.' So I'm in the water with one arm in the paddle board and I [squawked] and it worked!" Handler added. "It really worked."
Despite her encounter with the wild animal, Handler said she had a pretty uneventful summer. "The best part of the summer was that I got to relax," Jennifer Aniston's famous pal said. "I stayed out of the spotlight and I kept a low profile."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite