Christie Brinkley's Ex Peter Cook Slams Her TV Breakdown
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.1 of 4
- Photo: Mary Altaffer/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: ED BETZ/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
On Tuesday morning, Peter Cook was among the millions tuning in as his ex, Christie Brinkley, spoke to Matt Lauer on the "Today" show about their seriously ugly divorce battle.
Giving her first TV interview about the dispute four years since it began, the 58-year-old supermodel accused Cook, 53, of "character assassination" and said tearfully, "I just want peace. And every time I have any joy or any kind of success in anything, he has to try to destroy it."
In a statement that appeared in the New York Post's Page Six Wednesday, Cook wasn't feeling particularly peaceful. "Christie was entirely dishonest about the circumstances surrounding the current court action which was precipitated by her and ... is doing further damage to our children," says Cook, who has a biological daughter, Sailor, 13, with the Chicago star; he also adopted Jack, Brinkley's 17-year-old son with second husband, Richard Taubman.
Cook added that he was "shocked by the blatant lies she told regarding our divorce proceedings of four years ago, including denying the indisputable fact that she fought for an open courtroom despite the warnings it would harm our children ... [she] will stop at nothing to continue the drama in our lives in order to harass me and keep herself relevant in the media."
"[She] does not want peace, she wants attention." Cook acknowledges that he was unfaithful to Brinkley, cheating on her with Diana Bianchi, who was 18 years old, at the time of their fling. "I wish she [Brinkley] would find a way to move on."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite