Christie Brinkley's Ex Peter Cook Slams Her TV Breakdown
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.1 of 4
- Photo: Mary Altaffer/AP2 of 4
- Photo: ED BETZ/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Dead at 74MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 2:19:59 PM
- Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally Drive Their Kids Into the Woods in 'Kings of Summer'MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 2:01:34 PM
- 'American Chopper's' Paul Teutul Sr. Lands New CMT Series 'OrangMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 1:59:24 PM
- 'The Big Knife' With Bobby Cannavale Ending Broadway RunMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 1:53:16 PM
- Bernard Waber, children's author, dies at age 91MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 1:48:39 PM
- Doors Keyboardist Ray Manzarek Dead at 74
On Tuesday morning, Peter Cook was among the millions tuning in as his ex, Christie Brinkley, spoke to Matt Lauer on the "Today" show about their seriously ugly divorce battle.
Giving her first TV interview about the dispute four years since it began, the 58-year-old supermodel accused Cook, 53, of "character assassination" and said tearfully, "I just want peace. And every time I have any joy or any kind of success in anything, he has to try to destroy it."
In a statement that appeared in the New York Post's Page Six Wednesday, Cook wasn't feeling particularly peaceful. "Christie was entirely dishonest about the circumstances surrounding the current court action which was precipitated by her and ... is doing further damage to our children," says Cook, who has a biological daughter, Sailor, 13, with the Chicago star; he also adopted Jack, Brinkley's 17-year-old son with second husband, Richard Taubman.
Cook added that he was "shocked by the blatant lies she told regarding our divorce proceedings of four years ago, including denying the indisputable fact that she fought for an open courtroom despite the warnings it would harm our children ... [she] will stop at nothing to continue the drama in our lives in order to harass me and keep herself relevant in the media."
"[She] does not want peace, she wants attention." Cook acknowledges that he was unfaithful to Brinkley, cheating on her with Diana Bianchi, who was 18 years old, at the time of their fling. "I wish she [Brinkley] would find a way to move on."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite