Christie Brinkley's Ex Peter Cook Slams Her TV Breakdown
- Photo: Bill Davila/Retna Ltd.1 of 4
- Photo: Mary Altaffer/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: ED BETZ/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
On Tuesday morning, Peter Cook was among the millions tuning in as his ex, Christie Brinkley, spoke to Matt Lauer on the "Today" show about their seriously ugly divorce battle.
Giving her first TV interview about the dispute four years since it began, the 58-year-old supermodel accused Cook, 53, of "character assassination" and said tearfully, "I just want peace. And every time I have any joy or any kind of success in anything, he has to try to destroy it."
In a statement that appeared in the New York Post's Page Six Wednesday, Cook wasn't feeling particularly peaceful. "Christie was entirely dishonest about the circumstances surrounding the current court action which was precipitated by her and ... is doing further damage to our children," says Cook, who has a biological daughter, Sailor, 13, with the Chicago star; he also adopted Jack, Brinkley's 17-year-old son with second husband, Richard Taubman.
Cook added that he was "shocked by the blatant lies she told regarding our divorce proceedings of four years ago, including denying the indisputable fact that she fought for an open courtroom despite the warnings it would harm our children ... [she] will stop at nothing to continue the drama in our lives in order to harass me and keep herself relevant in the media."
"[She] does not want peace, she wants attention." Cook acknowledges that he was unfaithful to Brinkley, cheating on her with Diana Bianchi, who was 18 years old, at the time of their fling. "I wish she [Brinkley] would find a way to move on."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite