Christina Hendricks: "Don’t Try To Make Your Body Something That It’s Not"
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'Arrow' Casts 'Spartacus' Nick Tarabay as DC Supervillain CaptaiMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:58:00 PM
- Michael Jackson Hologram Case Escalates to Restraining Order Over Hitler PictureMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Jenny McCarthy's New Reason for Ouster from 'The View:' She's ToMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:58:00 PM
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere RatingsMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star
By Dana Flax, reporting by Mary S. Park
Like a breath of fresh Fashion Week air, Christina Hendricks chatted with us about LOVING your body amongst the MAC makeup artists and models backstage at the Badgley Mischka show. Read on to see what she had to say about "Mad Men," bearded men and which "SATC" lady with which she most identifies.
How's "Mad Men?" Any other projects you're working on?
Christina Hendricks: I just finished a movie ["Life As We Know It" co-starring Katherine Heigl] and we go back to "Mad Men" in mid-April. So we're really excited about that. Our writers went back to work a couple of weeks ago, so we're trying to get any inside scoop. But no one will tell us anything. We're just as in the dark as anybody else so far.
Is your personal style at all like your character on the show?
CH: It's probably become more so now because I've learned from it. I've learned what's flattering on me and what works on me. So I've definitely learned from Joan. I'm more Joan than I used to be.
You are a role model. What do you say to all those out there who want to look like beautiful, healthy women?
CH: I just say, take care of yourself and be confident and don't try to make your body something that it's not. Just be the best you.
And to the naysayers?
CH: I'd say, "You're ridiculous, stop being mean to everyone!"
Wise advice. What do you think of the beard trend for men? Jon Hamm has a beard.
CH: Oh I don't care. I think it's so funny that everyone cares so much about his beard. I think they just care about Jon Hamm. I think that if it gives us a reason to talk about Jon Hamm, then we should, because he's just so handsome. He looks good either way, he really can do no wrong.
Do you prefer your men clean shaven?
CH: No, I like to mix it up.
Gotta ask: What "Sex and the City" character do you relate to the most?
CH: It's so funny, my mom and I were watching "Sex & the City" last night before we went to bed. I love that it's still a relevant question. I think we're all combinations of all of them right? But everyone thinks they're Carrie.
Do you think you're Carrie?
CH: Sure. Why not?
Something tells us she's got a little Samantha in her, too.
More on Wonderwall:
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite