Christina Hendricks: "Don’t Try To Make Your Body Something That It’s Not"Related: Christina Hendricks
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
By Dana Flax, reporting by Mary S. Park
Like a breath of fresh Fashion Week air, Christina Hendricks chatted with us about LOVING your body amongst the MAC makeup artists and models backstage at the Badgley Mischka show. Read on to see what she had to say about "Mad Men," bearded men and which "SATC" lady with which she most identifies.
How's "Mad Men?" Any other projects you're working on?
Christina Hendricks: I just finished a movie ["Life As We Know It" co-starring Katherine Heigl] and we go back to "Mad Men" in mid-April. So we're really excited about that. Our writers went back to work a couple of weeks ago, so we're trying to get any inside scoop. But no one will tell us anything. We're just as in the dark as anybody else so far.
Is your personal style at all like your character on the show?
CH: It's probably become more so now because I've learned from it. I've learned what's flattering on me and what works on me. So I've definitely learned from Joan. I'm more Joan than I used to be.
You are a role model. What do you say to all those out there who want to look like beautiful, healthy women?
CH: I'd just say, take care of yourself and be confident and don't try to make your body something that it's not. Just be the best you.
And to the naysayers?
CH: I'd say, "You're ridiculous, stop being mean to everyone!"
Wise advice. What do you think of the beard trend for men? Jon Hamm has a beard.
CH: Oh I don't care. I think it's so funny that everyone cares so much about his beard. I think they just care about Jon Hamm. I think that if it gives us a reason to talk about Jon Hamm, then we should, because he's just so handsome. He looks good either way, he really can do no wrong.
Do you prefer your men clean shaven?
CH: No, I like to mix it up.
Gotta ask: what "Sex and the City" character do you relate to the most?
CH: It's so funny, my mom and I were watching "Sex & the City" last night before we went to bed. I love that it's still a relevant question. I think we're all combinations of all of them right? But everyone thinks they're Carrie.
Do you think you're Carrie?
CH: Sure. Why not?
Something tells us she's got a little Samantha in her, too.
More on Wonderwall:
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite