Christina Hendricks: My Boobs Are Real!
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: VPB/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman Didn't Want 'Trust Fund Kids,' Left Fortune to TheMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 11:37:00 AM
- Film Festival Scramble: Telluride Loses Its Surprises as Toronto Gets ToughMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 11:35:00 AM
- CNN's Gaza, Malaysia Airlines Crash Coverage Boosts Ratings but Can't Touch Fox NMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 11:21:00 AM
- Fandor Acquires Cannes Film 'The Strange Little Cat' For Day-and-Date Release (ExcMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 11:15:00 AM
- National Geographic Channels Names Tim Pastore President, Original Programming and ProductionMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 11:00:00 AM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman Didn't Want 'Trust Fund Kids,' Left Fortune to The
"Mad Men" actress Christina Hendricks thinks it's "bizarre" that "people are constantly asking if mybreasts are real or fake."
In an interview with the Daily Mail, Hendricks, 36, says her famous assets are "so obviously real that anyone who's ever seen or touched a breast would know."
At first, Hendricks wasn't a fan of the 1960s-era clothing she wears on "Mad Men" to play Joan Holloway. "I was huffing and puffing into thoss things initially, but now I'm flipping on the garters with ease. It's so great at the beginning of each season to see what's in our characters' wardrobes," she says.
The actress, who models for Vivienne Westwood's jewelry collection, is a longtime fan of the British designer "because her clothes allow you to show off your waistline and shoulders and accentuate your bust," she says. "As a woman with curves, I love that her clothes unapologetically celebrate women."
Hendricks began her career at age 19 as a model. "I'd done ballet for years and was tiny then, a size 4, so I didn't have any problems about conforming to a certain body type," she says. "As you get older your body changes, and I've tried to embrace how I look at every stage… Modeling taught me how to be professional and responsible at a young age. Plus, you experience a lot of rejection and criticism, which is a great boot camp for Hollywood."
So what does the naturally busty star think of women getting breast augmentation surgery? "I hope I'm not encouraging that," she says. "If there’s anything to be learned from me it’s that I’m learning to celebrate what I was born with, even though it's sometimes been inconvenient. Having larger breasts has made it harder for me to shop throughout the years, but I've learnt to love it."
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite