Christina Hendricks tells of bullying hell
- Photo: VPB/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: JM5/WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'La Cage aux Folles' director diesMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 3:45:43 AM
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a reliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 3:09:53 AM
- 'SNL' Spoofs 'Sound of Music' With Kristen Wiig and Fred ArmisenMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 10:46:15 PM
- Harvey Weinstein Opens Up About 'Mandela' Plans in Wake of Leader's Loss MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 8:20:15 PM
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 4:49:15 PM
- 'La Cage aux Folles' director dies
"Mad Men" star Christina Hendricks has opened up about her hellish experiences at the hands of childhood bullies.
The actress admits she was "a bit of a goth" in her younger years, and her wacky dress sense and love of acting alienated her from her classmates.
Hendricks is adamant the atmosphere at her "mean" school was so tribal it reminded her of William Golding's classic novel "Lord of the Flies."
She tells Britain's You magazine, "I went to a very mean school and was bullied like crazy. I was a bit of a goth with purple hair and I was also part of the drama group, which was filled with actors and writers and wasn't really accepted by the rest of the school.
"There was a long corridor with lockers on either side and kids would sit on top of them and spit on you. It was like something out of Lord of the Flies, but if I learned anything it was to remain true to myself and not to conform for the sake of it."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite