Cindy Crawford on Stand Up To Cancer: 'It's human and connects all of us'Related: Cindy Crawford
- Photo: Fame Pictures1 of 7
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Will Binns/James Breeden/Pacific Coast News3 of 7
- Photo: WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Neilson Barnard/GettyImages.com5 of 7
- Photo: Jeff Kravitz/GettyImages.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
By Jen Odell, with reporting by Molly McGonigle
As dozens of stars reminded us across all the major networks Friday night: Cancer doesn't discriminate. That's a lesson Cindy Crawford learned at an early age when she lost her brother to leukemia, and it's a big part of why she's an avid supporter of the annual Stand Up To Cancer telethon. At last night's televised fundraiser, Wonderwall spoke to the supermodel and mother of two about facing the disease with loved ones, leading a healthy lifestyle and the importance of connecting with others about the issue.
RELATED: Celebs Stand Up To Cancer
On her friend's battle with cancer:
"My friend's a cancer survivor. And it's still a big deal. She still has to go and get checked and get monitored and scanned and get her blood work done. But it's scary. She's a mother and I'm a mother."
RELATED VIDEO: Stand Up To Cancer on NBC
On trying to teach her kids to live healthy:
"You know, at that point you start to feel more concerned for your kids. I think every single person here knows someone who has lost someone to cancer or is fighting cancer. I think the important thing is that you don't really just teach your kids; I've learned is that you have to lead by example. That's the most powerful tool to teach kids — just to show them."
RELATED: More Cindy Crawford pics
On living a clean lifestyle:
"We don't smoke, we try to be healthy ... I think we're lucky that we live in Southern California and it's pretty easy to lead a healthy lifestyle here."
On why she got involved with Stand Up To Cancer:
"The cool part is we don't have to convince people to give because they've already made the decision to donate. We're just like the little treat. It's cool. You never know who you are going to get on the phone. It's something very human that connects all of us. We'll talk to people who have fought cancer themselves or know someone with cancer. It's just all about making that connection."
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite