Cindy Crawford Stuns as Screen Siren Maria Felix on Marie Claire Mexico Cover: Picture
- Photo: Marie Claire1 of 16
- Photo: @CindyCrawford/Twitter2 of 16
- Photo: Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 16
- Photo: WP#ACL/ZOJ/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Mike Windle/Getty Images North America8 of 16
- Photo: GUED/GSI9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Weeks/Getty Images North America10 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Leibson/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Architectural Digest/Wonderwall14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
Icon as icon! World-famous supermodel Cindy Crawford covers the upcoming issue of Marie Claire Mexico -- where she channels late screen siren Maria Felix, who rose to fame during Mexico's golden age in film during the 1940s.
Crawford, 47 -- wearing a crisp white button-down shirt, stacks of baubles around her neck and wrists, and a blue hat casually draped across the right side of her face on the John Russo-shot cover -- sexily exhales with a cigar wrapped between her right middle and index fingers. She gives the camera a sultry-but-challenging gaze, one that reflects the late Felix's attitude as a sexual and strong woman.
Not much has changed since Crawford's rise to stardom. By age 20, she became part of the elite group of supermodels from the late '80s to early '90s, and was revered for her trademark mole and versatility. Photographer Russo sang the supermodel's praises following the shoot: "Cindy is iconic. She is the quintessential supermodel," he said. "Always professional and gracious, she enters the room as if it was her first shoot. She takes on whatever persona the shoot calls for. I love working with her."
His subject, meanwhile, told the magazine that she was pleased to portray a "passionate and strong woman" like Felix. The Marie Claire team who worked directly with Crawford also praised the model, calling her "down-to-earth." Back in the day, however, famed fashion photographer Bruce Weber wasn't that impressed; Earlier this month, Weber recalled (to HuffPo Live) a disastrous Revlon photo shoot during Crawford's heyday, when he showed her the door after he caught wind of her complaint, "Why is Bruce photographing those old boxers when he could have been photographing me?"
These days, the happily married wife of restaurateur Rande Gerber is raising two tweens, son Presley, 14, and daughter Kaia, 12. When she's not gracing global covers, she also runs her own home furniture line, Cindy Crawford Style.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Best and Worst Beach Bods
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite