Coleman's parents demand 'closure'
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.1 of 7
- Photo: Andrew Marks/Retna Ltd.2 of 7
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.3 of 7
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Gary Coleman's devastated parents are desperate to know more about the circumstances surrounding the star's death so they can obtain a sense of "closure" following his early death.
The "Diff'rent Strokes" star suffered an intracranial hemorrhage after an accident at his Utah home on Wednesday. He was taken off life support after his condition worsened and he passed away on Friday, but officials at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center have declined to give more details about the incident.
RELATED: Stars memorialize Gary Coleman
The cause of death has not yet been confirmed but his heartbroken parents Sue and Willie Coleman, who have been estranged from Gary for the last 10 years, want to know more.
Longtime nurse Sue tells People.com, "We're not pointing fingers at anyone, but we need to know exactly what happened. We're not angry. We're just concerned. Did our son fall down the stairs? Did he fall in the bathtub? We need to have some closure on our son's life.
"We would've loved to have been there by his side at the hospital, to let him know we love him before he passed away. This is a shock to us. We loved Gary very much. We're going to miss him."
RELATED: Remembering Gary Coleman
The Colemans are desperately trying to get in touch with Gary's wife Shannon Price, who he married in 2007.
Sue adds, "We respect the relationship our son had with Shannon. When we found out he got married, we thought, 'Well, at least he has someone in his life who he cares about and who cares about him.' We were happy about that. But it's frustrating that we haven't heard from the Price family. But it's possible they didn't even know we existed. Gary may have told her that he didn't have any family."
Coleman sued his parents and business manager in 1989, accusing them of stealing the millions he earned in his career.
RELATED: Read more about Gary Coleman
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite