Conan live: O'Brien begins comedy tour in Oregon
- Photo: Janene Otten/Retna Ltd.1 of 9
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/GettyImages.com4 of 9
- Photo: Paul Drinkwater/NBC5 of 9
- Photo: Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Right/Fame Pictures7 of 9
- Photo: Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- Kirstie Alley Blasts Leah Remini Over Scientology Criticism: She's a 'Bigot&apMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 12:00:42 PM
- La Scala remembers Mandela at season openerMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:10:16 AM
- 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Special Teaser: Shirley MacLaine and Paul Giamatti Are NMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 11:07:03 AM
- '12 Years a Slave' Dominates Boston Online Critics AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 10:37:11 AM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013
EUGENE, Ore. (AP) -- Conan O'Brien, who counted his viewers in the millions on NBC's "Tonight," is playing to a small-town crowd of 2,500 — and no TV cameras — as he opens a two-month, nationwide comedy tour Monday.
For fans, it's a chance to see the star in person and discover how he performs unfettered by network broadcast standards. For O'Brien, who joked he's trying to avoid helping around the house since leaving "Tonight," barnstorming 30 cities may help build the case for his return to TV.
He'll have a chance to hone his stage act in the Northwest and Canada before he hits bigger U.S. cities (Los Angeles, April 24-25; New York, June 2-3; the tour ends in Atlanta on June 14). With tickets priced from $40 and up, "The Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour" is virtually sold out.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTFashion Offenders
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite