Conan O'Brien Drives Popcorn-Filled Car off Cliff in New Promo
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: AAR/Fame Pictures3 of 8
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com4 of 8
- Photo: Wonderwall5 of 8
- Photo: NBC/Promotional6 of 8
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin7 of 8
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Conan O'Brien drove a popcorn and explosive-filled car off a Southwestern cliff in a new promo for "Conan," his upcoming TBS talk show.
"Instead of doing yet another promo for my new show," the comedian explained, "…I'm gonna give you guys what you really want: top-notch entertainment. I went out and I bought this 1969 Dodge Dart. I'm gonna get in it and I'm gonna drive right off that cliff into Devil's Drop Canyon, a 900 foot sheer fall."
Conan then punched out a stunt double in the driver's seat and took the wheel of the blue sedan – doused in gasoline and filled with unpopped popcorn, fireworks, and explosives – before driving it off the edge, where it plummeted hundreds of feet to the ground before exploding in a volley of fireworks and popcorn.
The comedian emerged unscathed from the wreckage, announcing, "That was expensive."
"Conan" premieres November 8 on TBS.
Related stories on ETonline.com:Exclusive 'Jersey Shore' Sneak Peek: 'The Situation' Primps, Preens and Parks
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBFF For Life
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite