Conan O'Brien Drives Popcorn-Filled Car off Cliff in New Promo
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: AAR/Fame Pictures3 of 8
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com4 of 8
- Photo: Wonderwall5 of 8
- Photo: NBC/Promotional6 of 8
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Expands Senior Leadership TeamMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 2:58:00 PM
- 'The Hill' Promotes Bob Cusack to Editor-in-ChiefMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 2:53:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&a
Conan O'Brien drove a popcorn and explosive-filled car off a Southwestern cliff in a new promo for "Conan," his upcoming TBS talk show.
"Instead of doing yet another promo for my new show," the comedian explained, "…I'm gonna give you guys what you really want: top-notch entertainment. I went out and I bought this 1969 Dodge Dart. I'm gonna get in it and I'm gonna drive right off that cliff into Devil's Drop Canyon, a 900 foot sheer fall."
Conan then punched out a stunt double in the driver's seat and took the wheel of the blue sedan – doused in gasoline and filled with unpopped popcorn, fireworks, and explosives – before driving it off the edge, where it plummeted hundreds of feet to the ground before exploding in a volley of fireworks and popcorn.
The comedian emerged unscathed from the wreckage, announcing, "That was expensive."
"Conan" premieres November 8 on TBS.
Related stories on ETonline.com:Exclusive 'Jersey Shore' Sneak Peek: 'The Situation' Primps, Preens and Parks
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite