Confirmed: Simon Cowell Is Engaged!
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: RHS/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: TCAA/ZDS/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Mark Stewart / Camera Press/Retna Digital6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Apple Maps Discovers 'Loch Ness Monster,' World Discovers Apple Maps (Photos)MSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Bryan Singer's Lawyer Claims the 'X-Men' Director Was Not in Hawaii DurinMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 11:03:00 AM
- 'Captain America' and 'Rio 2' Battle for No. 1 at Box Office AftMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 8:42:00 AM
- 'Transcendence' Tanks for Johnny Depp's 4th Box-Office Flop in RowMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:59:00 AM
- First Lady Michelle Obama to Appear on NashvilleMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Apple Maps Discovers 'Loch Ness Monster,' World Discovers Apple Maps (Photos)
Simon Cowell is finally settling down.
The feisty "American Idol" judge, 50, is engaged to makeup artist Mezhgan Hussainy, multiple insiders confirm to UsMagazine.com. When approached for comment, Cowell's rep told Us, "Simon does not discuss his private life."
Mezhgan also confirmed the news to RadarOnline.com earlier Friday.
Cowell recently dodged engagement rumors.
"I spoke to Simon in London yesterday afternoon, just before he took his flight back to LA," his longtime publicist and close friend Max Clifford told Us Feb. 18. "I asked him: 'Look, are you engaged? Is it true?,' and he said, 'No! No. I'm not engaged.'"
But Clifford told Us Cowell and Hussainy, 36, were "an item" and were "happy."
Cowell brought Hussainy as his date to his 50th birthday party in London last October, weeks after splitting from longtime girlfriend Terri Seymour, according to British reports.
He even gushed about the Afghanistan-born Hussainy during a recent television interview with Piers Morgan.
"I'm smitten with Mezghan, I think she's the one," he said. "She's very special ... You know when you've found somebody very special."
He also said he is open to parenthood. "I think I need to have little Simons around," he remarked.
In January, Cowell (who raked in $75 million last year, making him Forbes' top earning man on prime-time U.S. television) announced he is leaving "Idol" to launch a U.S. Version of his hit British singing show "The X-Factor" in 2011.
More on Wonderwall:
From Crowd Ignite