Connie Britton Adopts Baby Boy from Ethiopia
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images-Santi/Splash/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Jackie Chan 'Ashamed,' 'Heartbroken' Over Son's Arrest MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Mark Burnett and Roma Downey's 'Dovekeepers' Casts 'Manhattan&amMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 11:30:00 AM
- Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande and Jessie J to Open MTV VMAsMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:59:00 AM
- 'Top Chef' Season 12 to Premiere in OctoberMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:48:00 AM
- Bill Murray Comedy 'Rock the Kasbah' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:32:00 AM
- Jackie Chan 'Ashamed,' 'Heartbroken' Over Son's Arrest
Tami Taylor is a mom in real life!
"Friday Night Lights" star Connie Britton has adopted a baby boy from Ethiopia, her rep confirms to Us Weekly. The 44-year-old actress, who also stars in FX's new hit "American Horror Story," adopted 9-month-old Yoby -- a nickname for Eyob, his given name -- after a three year adoption process.
"I am thanking my lucky stars every day," Britton tells Us, adding that the first time she held her son was "a wonderful moment of completion."
"I thought I was going to collapse into a puddle of tears," she says. "I was just grinning from ear to ear."
Although "Friday Night Lights" went off the air in February, Britton told Us in October that a new movie based off the cult hit is "happening for realsies." (Britton also starred in a 2004 film version of "Friday Night Lights," which the show was loosely based upon.)
"[The show's creator Pete Berg] is totally fired up to do it and I know Jason Katims is talking about writing a script. I think it's really a matter of ... getting everyone's busy schedules aligned and making it happen," the Emmy nominee said. "It kind of feels like there's a lot of commitment to it."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite