Connie Britton Adopts Baby Boy from Ethiopia
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images-Santi/Splash/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Tami Taylor is a mom in real life!
"Friday Night Lights" star Connie Britton has adopted a baby boy from Ethiopia, her rep confirms to Us Weekly. The 44-year-old actress, who also stars in FX's new hit "American Horror Story," adopted 9-month-old Yoby -- a nickname for Eyob, his given name -- after a three year adoption process.
"I am thanking my lucky stars every day," Britton tells Us, adding that the first time she held her son was "a wonderful moment of completion."
"I thought I was going to collapse into a puddle of tears," she says. "I was just grinning from ear to ear."
Although "Friday Night Lights" went off the air in February, Britton told Us in October that a new movie based off the cult hit is "happening for realsies." (Britton also starred in a 2004 film version of "Friday Night Lights," which the show was loosely based upon.)
"[The show's creator Pete Berg] is totally fired up to do it and I know Jason Katims is talking about writing a script. I think it's really a matter of ... getting everyone's busy schedules aligned and making it happen," the Emmy nominee said. "It kind of feels like there's a lot of commitment to it."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite