Cops Called to Ashton Kutcher's Property Over Home-Invasion Hoax
- Photo: Zavar, Raffi/NPG1 of 10
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 10
- Photo: CPR/Premiere/Fame Flynet3 of 10
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Premiere/CPR/Fame Flynet5 of 10
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Police officers rushed to Ashton Kutcher's Los Angeles home on Wednesday after a woman called in a panic to falsely report a home invasion by armed men.
RELATED: Celebrity Breakup Makeovers
The caller, claiming to have locked herself in the bathroom of the "Two and a Half Men" star's mansion, said several Russian men with weapons had broken into the house and had begun robbing the residence.
Cops swarmed the area and detained three males on the property, but the alleged victim was never found.
The three suspects were questioned and were subsequently found to be legitimately working on Kutcher's property, and authorities have since determined the emergency call was part of a prank.
According to TMZ, detectives are no longer investigating the incident as a home invasion and have re-classified it as a case of swatting, in which a caller reports a fake but serious crime to police.
Police are now attempting to track the call and locate the prankster. Police added that the information came into 911 as a teletext, not a phone call.
Kutcher was not at home at the time of the incident. On Tuesday afternoon, Kutcher tweeted that he's "safe and sound" on the set of "Two and a Half Men"
He isn't the first celebrity to fall victim to the hoax. Miley Cyrus was targeted in August after cops received a prank call warning of a shooting at the young star's Studio City home.
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite