Cops Called to Ashton Kutcher's Property Over Home-Invasion Hoax
- Photo: Zavar, Raffi/NPG1 of 10
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 10
- Photo: CPR/Premiere/Fame Flynet3 of 10
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Premiere/CPR/Fame Flynet5 of 10
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Police officers rushed to Ashton Kutcher's Los Angeles home on Wednesday after a woman called in a panic to falsely report a home invasion by armed men.
RELATED: Celebrity Breakup Makeovers
The caller, claiming to have locked herself in the bathroom of the "Two and a Half Men" star's mansion, said several Russian men with weapons had broken into the house and had begun robbing the residence.
Cops swarmed the area and detained three males on the property, but the alleged victim was never found.
The three suspects were questioned and were subsequently found to be legitimately working on Kutcher's property, and authorities have since determined the emergency call was part of a prank.
According to TMZ, detectives are no longer investigating the incident as a home invasion and have re-classified it as a case of swatting, in which a caller reports a fake but serious crime to police.
Police are now attempting to track the call and locate the prankster. Police added that the information came into 911 as a teletext, not a phone call.
Kutcher was not at home at the time of the incident. On Tuesday afternoon, Kutcher tweeted that he's "safe and sound" on the set of "Two and a Half Men"
He isn't the first celebrity to fall victim to the hoax. Miley Cyrus was targeted in August after cops received a prank call warning of a shooting at the young star's Studio City home.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite