Cops Called to Ashton Kutcher's Property Over Home-Invasion Hoax
- Photo: Zavar, Raffi/NPG1 of 10
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 10
- Photo: CPR/Premiere/Fame Flynet3 of 10
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Premiere/CPR/Fame Flynet5 of 10
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:35:22 PM
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Reveals New Characters, Carter Adds Captain DirectorsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:28:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 7:11 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:32 PM
- Selma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:28 PM
- 'Justice League' Recruiting 'Batman v Superman' Writer Chris TerMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-Con
Police officers rushed to Ashton Kutcher's Los Angeles home on Wednesday after a woman called in a panic to falsely report a home invasion by armed men.
RELATED: Celebrity Breakup Makeovers
The caller, claiming to have locked herself in the bathroom of the "Two and a Half Men" star's mansion, said several Russian men with weapons had broken into the house and had begun robbing the residence.
Cops swarmed the area and detained three males on the property, but the alleged victim was never found.
The three suspects were questioned and were subsequently found to be legitimately working on Kutcher's property, and authorities have since determined the emergency call was part of a prank.
According to TMZ, detectives are no longer investigating the incident as a home invasion and have re-classified it as a case of swatting, in which a caller reports a fake but serious crime to police.
Police are now attempting to track the call and locate the prankster. Police added that the information came into 911 as a teletext, not a phone call.
Kutcher was not at home at the time of the incident. On Tuesday afternoon, Kutcher tweeted that he's "safe and sound" on the set of "Two and a Half Men"
He isn't the first celebrity to fall victim to the hoax. Miley Cyrus was targeted in August after cops received a prank call warning of a shooting at the young star's Studio City home.
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite