Cops Called to Ashton Kutcher's Property Over Home-Invasion Hoax
- Photo: Zavar, Raffi/NPG1 of 10
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 10
- Photo: CPR/Premiere/Fame Flynet3 of 10
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Premiere/CPR/Fame Flynet5 of 10
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novelMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:50:09 AM
- Jackie Chan expressed shame over son's drug arrestMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:42:39 AM
- Turner Plans Organizational Restructuring in Next Two MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Premiere to Feature Live 3D Red Carpet BroadcastMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 8:40:00 PM
- NFL's Super Bowl Halftime Show to Katy Perry, Rihanna and Coldplay: Show Me the Money!MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 7:25:00 PM
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novel
Police officers rushed to Ashton Kutcher's Los Angeles home on Wednesday after a woman called in a panic to falsely report a home invasion by armed men.
RELATED: Celebrity Breakup Makeovers
The caller, claiming to have locked herself in the bathroom of the "Two and a Half Men" star's mansion, said several Russian men with weapons had broken into the house and had begun robbing the residence.
Cops swarmed the area and detained three males on the property, but the alleged victim was never found.
The three suspects were questioned and were subsequently found to be legitimately working on Kutcher's property, and authorities have since determined the emergency call was part of a prank.
According to TMZ, detectives are no longer investigating the incident as a home invasion and have re-classified it as a case of swatting, in which a caller reports a fake but serious crime to police.
Police are now attempting to track the call and locate the prankster. Police added that the information came into 911 as a teletext, not a phone call.
Kutcher was not at home at the time of the incident. On Tuesday afternoon, Kutcher tweeted that he's "safe and sound" on the set of "Two and a Half Men"
He isn't the first celebrity to fall victim to the hoax. Miley Cyrus was targeted in August after cops received a prank call warning of a shooting at the young star's Studio City home.
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite