Coroner: Casey Johnson's death diabetes related
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Fernando Allende/NY Post/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Tuukka Jantti/Pacific Coast News3 of 7
- Photo: Entertainment Press/Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 4:08 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 4:40:15 PM
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theftMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:54:20 PM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' Monologue
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles County coroner says socialite Casey Johnson's death was related to diabetes.
RELATED VIDEO: Casey Johnson's autopsy results
The coroner announced Thursday that the death of the Johnson & Johnson heiress was caused by diabetic ketoacidosis — a life-threatening condition caused by lack of insulin and sky-high blood sugar.
RELATED: See more photos of Casey Johnson
The coroner conducted Johnson's autopsy Jan. 5. Her body was found a day earlier in her Los Angeles home.
The 30-year-old daughter of New York Jets owner Robert "Woody" Johnson lived a party life. In December, she announced her engagement to bisexual reality TV star Tila Tequila.
RELATED: Which stars did we lose in 2009?
From Crowd Ignite