Coroner: Casey Johnson's death diabetes related
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Fernando Allende/NY Post/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Tuukka Jantti/Pacific Coast News3 of 7
- Photo: Entertainment Press/Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Los Angeles County coroner says socialite Casey Johnson's death was related to diabetes.
RELATED VIDEO: Casey Johnson's autopsy results
The coroner announced Thursday that the death of the Johnson & Johnson heiress was caused by diabetic ketoacidosis — a life-threatening condition caused by lack of insulin and sky-high blood sugar.
RELATED: See more photos of Casey Johnson
The coroner conducted Johnson's autopsy Jan. 5. Her body was found a day earlier in her Los Angeles home.
The 30-year-old daughter of New York Jets owner Robert "Woody" Johnson lived a party life. In December, she announced her engagement to bisexual reality TV star Tila Tequila.
RELATED: Which stars did we lose in 2009?
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite