Cory Monteith Publicly Entering Rehab 'Takes Balls,' Says 'Glee' Costar
- Photo: BT1/Brian To/Wonderwall1 of 12
- Photo: FOX2 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: BT1/ Brian To/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: NT1/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 12
- Photo: FOX6 of 12
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/WorldRedEye.com/.7 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America9 of 12
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA10 of 12
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- What's in the Black Box? A Mind-Numbing DanceMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:48:00 AM
- Jennifer Berman Joins Roadside Attractions as SVP of Acquisitions, Co-Productions and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:44:00 AM
- Peter Jackson Reveals New Title for Third 'Hobbit' FilmMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:06:00 AM
- Maker Studios Partners With Viral Video King Jukin MediaMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:00:00 AM
- FCC Promises to Protect Open Internet, But Net Neutrality's Future Looks BleakMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 9:38:00 AM
- What's in the Black Box? A Mind-Numbing Dance
By Us Weekly
Mark Salling is proud of his "Glee" costar, Cory Monteith, for having the courage to seek help for substance addiction. The 30-year-old actor, who plays Puck on the hit Fox show, shared his thoughts on Monteith entering rehab with Us Weekly at The Cosmopolitan's Marquee Dayclub in Las Vegas on Saturday, April 6.
"It takes balls . . . to go through that publicly. Period," Salling said. "It takes balls to go through that privately, but to go through it publicly like that -- balls."
Monteith, 30, publicly announced he had checked himself into rehab on April 1. This is the actor's second stay in rehab after he sought help for a "serious problem" with drugs and alcohol at the age of 19.
Salling told Us that the cast of "Glee" has been showing Monteith support by sending him "nice texts" and tweeting "here and there."
Monteith's real-life girlfriend and fellow "Glee" costar Lea Michele issued a public statement regarding his rehab stay, saying, "I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this. I am grateful and proud he made this decision."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite