Cory Monteith Publicly Entering Rehab 'Takes Balls,' Says 'Glee' Costar
- Photo: BT1/Brian To/Wonderwall1 of 12
- Photo: FOX2 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: BT1/ Brian To/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: NT1/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 12
- Photo: FOX6 of 12
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/WorldRedEye.com/.7 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America9 of 12
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA10 of 12
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- A24 Adds Distribution Exec Heath Shapiro to Growing RanksMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 10:28:45 AM
- 'Breaking Bad,' 'Orange Is the New Black' Among Writers Guild&amMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 10:07:55 AM
- 'American Hustle' Reviews: Do Critics Think David O. Russell's Latest is MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 9:48:23 AM
- Dustin Diamond Regrets 'Saved By the Bell' Book; Claims 'Celebrity Fit ClMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 9:38:40 AM
- Oscar Hopefuls Facing Make-or-Break Time at the Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 9:03:39 AM
- A24 Adds Distribution Exec Heath Shapiro to Growing Ranks
By Us Weekly
Mark Salling is proud of his "Glee" costar, Cory Monteith, for having the courage to seek help for substance addiction. The 30-year-old actor, who plays Puck on the hit Fox show, shared his thoughts on Monteith entering rehab with Us Weekly at The Cosmopolitan's Marquee Dayclub in Las Vegas on Saturday, April 6.
"It takes balls . . . to go through that publicly. Period," Salling said. "It takes balls to go through that privately, but to go through it publicly like that -- balls."
Monteith, 30, publicly announced he had checked himself into rehab on April 1. This is the actor's second stay in rehab after he sought help for a "serious problem" with drugs and alcohol at the age of 19.
Salling told Us that the cast of "Glee" has been showing Monteith support by sending him "nice texts" and tweeting "here and there."
Monteith's real-life girlfriend and fellow "Glee" costar Lea Michele issued a public statement regarding his rehab stay, saying, "I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this. I am grateful and proud he made this decision."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Girls Night Out
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCause of Death
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite