Cory Monteith Publicly Entering Rehab 'Takes Balls,' Says 'Glee' Costar
- Photo: BT1/Brian To/Wonderwall1 of 12
- Photo: FOX2 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: BT1/ Brian To/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: NT1/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 12
- Photo: FOX6 of 12
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/WorldRedEye.com/.7 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America9 of 12
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA10 of 12
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- '20 Feet From Stardom' Stars to Sing National Anthem at Rose BowlMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' Awards
By Us Weekly
Mark Salling is proud of his "Glee" costar, Cory Monteith, for having the courage to seek help for substance addiction. The 30-year-old actor, who plays Puck on the hit Fox show, shared his thoughts on Monteith entering rehab with Us Weekly at The Cosmopolitan's Marquee Dayclub in Las Vegas on Saturday, April 6.
"It takes balls . . . to go through that publicly. Period," Salling said. "It takes balls to go through that privately, but to go through it publicly like that -- balls."
Monteith, 30, publicly announced he had checked himself into rehab on April 1. This is the actor's second stay in rehab after he sought help for a "serious problem" with drugs and alcohol at the age of 19.
Salling told Us that the cast of "Glee" has been showing Monteith support by sending him "nice texts" and tweeting "here and there."
Monteith's real-life girlfriend and fellow "Glee" costar Lea Michele issued a public statement regarding his rehab stay, saying, "I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this. I am grateful and proud he made this decision."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite