Cory Monteith Publicly Entering Rehab 'Takes Balls,' Says 'Glee' Costar
- Photo: BT1/Brian To/Wonderwall1 of 12
- Photo: FOX2 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: BT1/ Brian To/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: NT1/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 12
- Photo: FOX6 of 12
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/WorldRedEye.com/.7 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America9 of 12
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA10 of 12
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
By Us Weekly
Mark Salling is proud of his "Glee" costar, Cory Monteith, for having the courage to seek help for substance addiction. The 30-year-old actor, who plays Puck on the hit Fox show, shared his thoughts on Monteith entering rehab with Us Weekly at The Cosmopolitan's Marquee Dayclub in Las Vegas on Saturday, April 6.
"It takes balls . . . to go through that publicly. Period," Salling said. "It takes balls to go through that privately, but to go through it publicly like that -- balls."
Monteith, 30, publicly announced he had checked himself into rehab on April 1. This is the actor's second stay in rehab after he sought help for a "serious problem" with drugs and alcohol at the age of 19.
Salling told Us that the cast of "Glee" has been showing Monteith support by sending him "nice texts" and tweeting "here and there."
Monteith's real-life girlfriend and fellow "Glee" costar Lea Michele issued a public statement regarding his rehab stay, saying, "I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this. I am grateful and proud he made this decision."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite