Cory Monteith Publicly Entering Rehab 'Takes Balls,' Says 'Glee' Costar
- Photo: BT1/Brian To/Wonderwall1 of 12
- Photo: FOX2 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 12
- Photo: BT1/ Brian To/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: NT1/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 12
- Photo: FOX6 of 12
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/WorldRedEye.com/.7 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America9 of 12
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA10 of 12
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into QuarterlyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:01:00 PM
- NBC's 'Community' Holds Down the Fort: See the Newest #SixSeasonsAndAMoviMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Sony Veteran Steve Elzer Launches New PR Company Elzer and AssociatesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Tom Hardy Explains His Approach to Acting: 'I See Myself as a Piece of Meat'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:44:00 AM
- Avi Lerner Rips the President for Not Fighting Piracy: 'Obama is Scared of Google'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:35:00 AM
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into Quarterly
By Us Weekly
Mark Salling is proud of his "Glee" costar, Cory Monteith, for having the courage to seek help for substance addiction. The 30-year-old actor, who plays Puck on the hit Fox show, shared his thoughts on Monteith entering rehab with Us Weekly at The Cosmopolitan's Marquee Dayclub in Las Vegas on Saturday, April 6.
"It takes balls . . . to go through that publicly. Period," Salling said. "It takes balls to go through that privately, but to go through it publicly like that -- balls."
Monteith, 30, publicly announced he had checked himself into rehab on April 1. This is the actor's second stay in rehab after he sought help for a "serious problem" with drugs and alcohol at the age of 19.
Salling told Us that the cast of "Glee" has been showing Monteith support by sending him "nice texts" and tweeting "here and there."
Monteith's real-life girlfriend and fellow "Glee" costar Lea Michele issued a public statement regarding his rehab stay, saying, "I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this. I am grateful and proud he made this decision."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite