Cory Monteith was with sober friends the night he died, acting coach says
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.1 of 8
- Photo: Paul Zimmerman/Retna Ltd.2 of 8
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA3 of 8
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 8
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 8
- Photo: @Kyliejenner/Twitter6 of 8
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks7 of 8
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Cory Monteith spent the night before his death with "longtime, sober friends," according to his acting coach Andrew McIlroy.
Monteith died from an accidental heroin and drug overdose in Vancouver, British Columbia, last month, and McIlroy reveals the pals he was with 24 hours before he died were a positive influence on the "Glee" star.
He tells People, "They weren't strangers, they weren't bad guys. They were longtime sober friends. Cory knew them maybe 10 years. Essentially, he had spent time with (them) as sober people."
McIlroy was scheduled to have breakfast with Monteith just hours before his death was announced on July 13, and he reveals the last time he saw the "Glee" star was a few weeks before the tragedy.
He says, "He was just recently out of rehab and he was good. He was happy to be breathing fresh air and putting in full days and being active. He was fine, that's what's so awful."
RELATED: Celebs gone too soon
Get out the vote
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite