Cory Monteith's dad wishes he could've said goodbye
- Photo: Paul Zimmerman/Retna Ltd.1 of 9
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.2 of 9
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA3 of 9
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 9
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 9
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Getty Images North America7 of 9
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Washington Post Replaces Publisher Katharine Weymouth with Frederick J. Ryan Jr.MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:46:00 AM
- Ask Matt: Emmys, Longmire, Summer TV (Leftovers, Outlander, Strain),Doctor WhoMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:30:00 AM
- Singer Chris Brown pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault in DC, sentenced to time servedMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:29:19 AM
- Chris Brown back in DC court for plea hearingMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:04:00 AM
- Hey, New York Times 'Vows' Section: Who Cares If 'The Bride is Keeping HeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:40:00 PM
- Washington Post Replaces Publisher Katharine Weymouth with Frederick J. Ryan Jr.
Ahead of Thursday's "Glee" tribute episode, Cory Monteith's estranged father, Joe Monteith, spoke out about the grief he's endured since losing his son.
"It's just ripping my insides out and tearing me apart," Joe, 63, told People exclusively.
According to the news source, Joe last saw Cory two years ago after not seeing him for 11 years. As Joe wasn't consistently in Cory's life, he reportedly wasn't allowed to see his son's body before it was cremated.
While Joe wishes that he could've said goodbye to his son, he vividly remembers their last encounter, which involved a heart-to-heart about his split from Cory's mom.
Joe Monteith and Ann McGregor divorced in 1989. Joe claimed that his military job restricted him to seeing his family only once every six months. On top of that, Joe claims that Ann consciously kept Cory and his brother, Shaun, away from their father.
During their last face-to-face meeting, the father and son also spoke about Cory's addiction struggles and Cory reportedly promised his dad that he was clean.
"I lost my son," says Joe. "He should have known not to touch that drug again."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Violation
From Crowd Ignite