Cory Monteith's dad wishes he could've said goodbye
- Photo: Paul Zimmerman/Retna Ltd.1 of 9
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.2 of 9
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA3 of 9
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 9
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 9
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Getty Images North America7 of 9
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Seth Rogen and James Franco's 'The Interview' Blasted by North Korea in UMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 4:50:00 PM
- Lilly Ghalici Exits Bravo's 'Shahs of Sunset'MSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Justin Bieber Avoids Jail After Pleading No Contest in Egging CaseMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 3:39:00 PM
- 'Divergent' Trilogy Closer 'Allegiant' Drafts 'Maze RunMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Tom Cruise Recruits Alec Baldwin, 'White Queen's' Rebecca Ferguson for &aMSNEntertainment 7/9/2014 3:19:00 PM
- Seth Rogen and James Franco's 'The Interview' Blasted by North Korea in U
Ahead of Thursday's "Glee" tribute episode, Cory Monteith's estranged father, Joe Monteith, spoke out about the grief he's endured since losing his son.
"It's just ripping my insides out and tearing me apart," Joe, 63, told People exclusively.
According to the news source, Joe last saw Cory two years ago after not seeing him for 11 years. As Joe wasn't consistently in Cory's life, he reportedly wasn't allowed to see his son's body before it was cremated.
While Joe wishes that he could've said goodbye to his son, he vividly remembers their last encounter, which involved a heart-to-heart about his split from Cory's mom.
Joe Monteith and Ann McGregor divorced in 1989. Joe claimed that his military job restricted him to seeing his family only once every six months. On top of that, Joe claims that Ann consciously kept Cory and his brother, Shaun, away from their father.
During their last face-to-face meeting, the father and son also spoke about Cory's addiction struggles and Cory reportedly promised his dad that he was clean.
"I lost my son," says Joe. "He should have known not to touch that drug again."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out some of the cutest celeb baby bumps hitting the beach this summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez brings the glam while spending time with her fam at Paris Fashion Week on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna shows her softer, sweeter side -- plus a newfound maternal instinct! -- on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Justin Timberlake, Kristen Bell and more stars enjoying summery activities -- from golf and tennis to romps on the beach and more!Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian and more pregnant stars show off their baby bumps over the holiday weekend on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHorsing Around
From Crowd Ignite