Cory Monteith's dad wishes he could've said goodbye
- Photo: Paul Zimmerman/Retna Ltd.1 of 9
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Ltd.2 of 9
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA3 of 9
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 9
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 9
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Getty Images North America7 of 9
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Ahead of Thursday's "Glee" tribute episode, Cory Monteith's estranged father, Joe Monteith, spoke out about the grief he's endured since losing his son.
"It's just ripping my insides out and tearing me apart," Joe, 63, told People exclusively.
According to the news source, Joe last saw Cory two years ago after not seeing him for 11 years. As Joe wasn't consistently in Cory's life, he reportedly wasn't allowed to see his son's body before it was cremated.
While Joe wishes that he could've said goodbye to his son, he vividly remembers their last encounter, which involved a heart-to-heart about his split from Cory's mom.
Joe Monteith and Ann McGregor divorced in 1989. Joe claimed that his military job restricted him to seeing his family only once every six months. On top of that, Joe claims that Ann consciously kept Cory and his brother, Shaun, away from their father.
During their last face-to-face meeting, the father and son also spoke about Cory's addiction struggles and Cory reportedly promised his dad that he was clean.
"I lost my son," says Joe. "He should have known not to touch that drug again."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite