Courteney Cox Asks Court to Drop Arquette Name
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks1 of 13
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Sam Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 13
- Photo: TKA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com7 of 13
- Photo: Hellmuth Dominguez/Pacific Coast News8 of 13
- Photo: Mike/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: S. Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: J. P. Aussenard/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
The Associated Press
Los Angeles (AP) -- Courteney Cox Arquette is seeking to legally drop her husband's name once the former couple's divorce is finalized.
The actress included the request in a response to estranged husband David Arquette's divorce filing. Records show both actors filed their paperwork within a minute of each other Friday.
Both cite irreconcilable differences as the reason for the end of their 12-year marriage, and both are seeking custody of their 8-year-old daughter.
RELATED: Celeb BFFs We Wish Would Date
Arquette and Cox are representing themselves in the proceedings. They announced their separation in October 2010, but both listed in court records Dec. 31, 2011, as their official separation date.
The pair met on the set of the film "Scream" in 1996 and married three years later.
Cox's filing was first reported Wednesday by celebrity website TMZ.
RELATED: Shocking Celebrity Splits!
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite