Courteney Cox Asks Court to Drop Arquette Name
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks1 of 13
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 13
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Sam Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 13
- Photo: TKA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com7 of 13
- Photo: Hellmuth Dominguez/Pacific Coast News8 of 13
- Photo: Mike/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: S. Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: J. P. Aussenard/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
The Associated Press
Los Angeles (AP) -- Courteney Cox Arquette is seeking to legally drop her husband's name once the former couple's divorce is finalized.
The actress included the request in a response to estranged husband David Arquette's divorce filing. Records show both actors filed their paperwork within a minute of each other Friday.
Both cite irreconcilable differences as the reason for the end of their 12-year marriage, and both are seeking custody of their 8-year-old daughter.
RELATED: Celeb BFFs We Wish Would Date
Arquette and Cox are representing themselves in the proceedings. They announced their separation in October 2010, but both listed in court records Dec. 31, 2011, as their official separation date.
The pair met on the set of the film "Scream" in 1996 and married three years later.
Cox's filing was first reported Wednesday by celebrity website TMZ.
RELATED: Shocking Celebrity Splits!
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite