Courtney Robertson Returns Engagement Ring After Ben Flajnik Split
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital1 of 12
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 12
- Photo: Mike/Fame Flynet3 of 12
- Photo: Josiah True/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Josiah True/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: Al Powers/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: AP1/WENN7 of 12
- Photo: AR4/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: American Broadcasting Companies9 of 12
- Photo: KVS/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 12
- Photo: GONZALO/Bauer-Griffin11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
With this ring ...
Courtney Robertson put the final nail in the coffin on her relationship with Ben Flajnik on Sunday, returning the three-carat, $80,000 engagement ring he gave her on the finale of The Bachelor last fall to the Neil Lane jewelry boutique in Los Angeles.
(On the ABC reality series, show producers foot the bill for the rings, and contestants are obligated to return the jewelry if and when wedding plans are called off.)
Following one of the most controversial "Bachelor" courtships in history -- she was catty, he cheated -- the California winemaker, 30, and the Los Angeles-based model, 30, announced their split Oct. 5. "We grew apart," Flajnik told Us. "We realized it wasn't working."
Robertson made quick work of rebounding -- caught making out with "Bachelorette" castoff Arie Luyendyk Jr. last week -- but an insider tells Us Weekly her feelings for Flajnik were real.
"Courtney was in love with Ben," the pal says. "She put a lot of work into that relationship -- him, not so much."
Eventually, a second source explains, "She ended it."
As Robertson dives back into the dating pool, a Flajnik pal adds that "he'll date again soon" as well. "He's approached by girls all the time."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Courtney Robertson Returns Engagement Ring After Ben Flajnik Split
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite