Cox and Arquette Split
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin1 of 7
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'GuardiaMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 8:35:00 AM
- Wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts HospitalizedMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; BogdanovMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:04:00 AM
- Labor Day Viewing Guide: What to Binge-Watch This Weekend If You're Not Hanging Out With thMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:58:00 PM
- 'Utopia' Kicks One Person Out Before Filming Even BeginsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:26:00 PM
- 'November Man' and 'As Above' Are No Match for 'Guardia
(WENN) Courteney Cox and David Arquette have split after 11 years of marriage.
The couple broke up weeks ago, according to sources, but Cox and Arquette have agreed to stay friends as they work together on the upcoming "Scream" sequel.
RELATED: Celebrity divorces
According to People.com, the couple are undergoing a trial separation they both agreed upon.
Cox and Arquette released this statement: "The reason for this separation is to better understand ourselves and the qualities we need in a partner and for our marriage. We remain best friends and responsible parents to our daughter and we still love each other deeply. As we go though (sic) this process we are determined to use kindness and understanding to get through this together."
They add: "We are comfortable with the boundaries that we have established for each other during this separation and we hope that our friends, family, fans and the media also show us respect, dignity, understanding and love at this time as well."
Ironically, they met on the set of the first "Scream" film in the mid-1990s.
The couple have one child together, 6-year-old Coco.
RELATED: 2010 Golden Globe fashion photos
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite