Courteney Cox: Arquette split made us better parents
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com1 of 12
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: VT/DK/Splash News/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com5 of 12
- Photo: VT/DK/Splash News6 of 12
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Splash News/Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: J. P. Aussenard/WireImage.com8 of 12
- Photo: Laura Rauch/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Splash News10 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Courteney Cox has credited her split from David Arquette with making them "better parents" to their young daughter.
RELATED: Shocking Celebrity Splits!
The "Scream" stars separated in 2010, but they regularly meet up to take little Coco on days out, and Cox admits it feels like "a big deal" if they go more than a week without seeing each other.
The actress is convinced the split has improved their parenting capabilities to their 7-year-old daughter, as they are able to talk through their issues more easily now they lead different lives.
Cox tells Britain's Stella magazine, "We weren't really dealing with what needed to be dealt with, which was how to stay married and be true intimate partners. Now we're separate we're able to talk about all our resentments and the things we should have listened to each other on. We kind of know where it went wrong, and how we felt ourselves drifting apart. So now we have this really great, open relationship. We speak to each other all the time; if we don't see each other in a week it's a big deal," she said.
RELATED: Celeb Moms Over 40
"And we're better parents to Coco. We're more patient with each other," she added.
The actress also opens up about how the stars parent their daughter, adding, "I'm probably not as good a disciplinarian as David, but I relate to her emotions. Mind you, I'm frightened of the teen years. Coco's got a very strong will, and I'm a little afraid of that."
RELATED: Stars Who've Dated the Same Person
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite