- Photo: J. R. Mankoff/Elle1 of 8
By Molly McGonigle
It's been a big year for Cynthia Nixon, who was nominated for a Tony Award for her role in the Broadway show "Wit." She also married Christine Marinoni on May 27, 2012, after a three-year engagement. Cynthia recently shared all the details about her big day with Elle. See what she had to say about picking out a dress, skipping traditions and how she created the perfect wedding day.
On not being obsessed with picking out her wedding dress:
"I never thought about my wedding dress growing up. Not once. I'm just not one of those girls. It has nothing to do with being gay -- when I was with a man, I didn't fantasize about my wedding dress either. In fact, I've spent most of my life not wanting to get married. But once I finally decided to do it, I knew I wanted a beautiful dress for the occasion."
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite