Dad: Spencer Pratt Is Not a Bad Influence on Heidi
- Photo: Whittle / Benassi/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: AR4/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News/Twitpic/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: CMB/Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital6 of 9
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Perkins/Pacific Coast News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: Franklin & Bash's Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer Heading to ATX FMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:53:00 AM
- James Franco Calls New York Times Theater Critic a 'Little Bitch' Over 'OMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:51:00 AM
- Netflix, Snapchat, 'Veronica Mars' Win Producers Guild AwardsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:30:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Survivor' Hits Low, But Still Tops NightMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 9:25:00 AM
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Sexual Assault Allegations: Read the Full LawsuitMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 9:06:00 AM
- Exclusive: Franklin & Bash's Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer Heading to ATX F
Spencer Pratt recently declared that he doesn't allow his wife, Heidi, to watch TV or go online. Still, Heidi's dad, Bill Montag, tells UsMagazine.com he doesn't think Spencer, 26, is a bad influence on his daughter, 23.
"Heidi is such a strong-willed individual that I don't think that Spencer is going to manipulate her," he says. "Also I think she knows, and so does Spencer: If I thought my daughter was in any harm's way with Spencer, I would be there."
Still, he's "very worried" about Heidi, who ceased communicating with her father, 63, in March and changed her phone number "so I can't even reach her," he says. "I think that they'll realize ... there are people that love them and care for them and friends and family," he says. "I pray for them to find peace and happiness. They're not going to find it in crystals and light and all this stuff I've read about."
The Colorado rancher, who divorced Heidi's mom, Darlene Egelhoff, when Heidi was 3, has mixed feelings about his daughter's 10 plastic surgery procedures.
"Heidi always looked like me, and [her sister] Holly looks like her mom," Montag jokes. "I remember Heidi saying in a magazine once that she didn't want my nose, so I gave her grief!" Montag says he feels like he "let her down" because he wasn't aware she was unhappy enough to change her appearance so drastically. But he says he stands behind his daughter's decision to alter her looks.
"We don't always approve of everything our children do, but we support them and we're there for them," he says. "She doesn't need a lecture about the whole thing. I'm not sure she's 100 percent happy with what she did or not. I don't know. But the only thing I can say is we're there and we're her family. She and I were very close before this whole thing happened."
Montag wants to see his daughter again."Hopefully they won't call the police on me!" he says. Meanwhile, the Pratts are also giving the silent treatment to another relative: Spencer's grandma, "Nana," who made frequent appearances during the fourth season of The Hills."
"They would send a limo and treat her like a queen," Montag says. "Now, they're not there at all."
More from Us:
More on Wonderwall:
From Crowd Ignite