'Dancing With the Stars' Judges Praise Chaz Bono's 'Cheeky, Joyous' Cha Cha
- Photo: Ed Ruvalcaba / London Ent./Splash News1 of 2
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
Chaz sure can cha cha!
No "Dancing With the Stars" competitor felt the premiere night pressure more than Chaz Bono, and despite his jitters, the LGBT activist delivered on Monday's show with a routine that drew raves from fans and the judges alike.
Performing last on the Season 13 premiere, the show's first-ever transgender contestant, 42, and his pro partner Lacey Schwimmer, offered up a cha cha that was worth the wait.
"People have been waiting all night to see you dance and you did not disappoint," judge Carrie Ann Inaba gushed after Bono and Schwimmer's lively performance, making special note of his "precise" footwork and "sharp" choreography.
Fellow judge Bruno Tonioli also raved about Bono -- calling his number "cheeky and joyous" -- but it was Len Goodman who offered the most apt critique to "Razzmatazz Chaz."
"You really came out with the right attitude, [and] you came out to enjoy yourself," noted the judge.
For his part, Bono (who placed in the middle of the 'DWTS' pack with a score of 17/30) was proud.
"I've gotten so much support and I really wanted to do a good job for the people supporting me," Bono told co-host Brooke Burke Charvet after his dance. "[Physically it's] pretty challenging, but it's fun, and I'm really having the time of my life!"
Bono wasn't the only 'DWTS' celeb to win raves on Monday's show. Chynna Phillips and partner Tony Dovolani tied for first place with JR Martinez and Karina Smirnoff, each earning a score of 22 out of 30. At the bottom of the leaderboard this week were Ron "Metta World Peace" Artest and Peta Murgatroyd, who earned a score of 14 out of 30 points.
Tell Us: Which couple was your favorite on Monday night's 'Dancing With the Stars' premiere?
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite