'Dancing With the Stars' Judges Praise Chaz Bono's 'Cheeky, Joyous' Cha Cha
- Photo: Ed Ruvalcaba / London Ent./Splash News1 of 2
More Celeb News
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:46:42 PM
- 3 Reasons Lena Dunham Can't Laugh Off 'Girls' Porn ParodyMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:35:33 PM
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSYMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:00:39 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'
Chaz sure can cha cha!
No "Dancing With the Stars" competitor felt the premiere night pressure more than Chaz Bono, and despite his jitters, the LGBT activist delivered on Monday's show with a routine that drew raves from fans and the judges alike.
Performing last on the Season 13 premiere, the show's first-ever transgender contestant, 42, and his pro partner Lacey Schwimmer, offered up a cha cha that was worth the wait.
"People have been waiting all night to see you dance and you did not disappoint," judge Carrie Ann Inaba gushed after Bono and Schwimmer's lively performance, making special note of his "precise" footwork and "sharp" choreography.
Fellow judge Bruno Tonioli also raved about Bono -- calling his number "cheeky and joyous" -- but it was Len Goodman who offered the most apt critique to "Razzmatazz Chaz."
"You really came out with the right attitude, [and] you came out to enjoy yourself," noted the judge.
For his part, Bono (who placed in the middle of the 'DWTS' pack with a score of 17/30) was proud.
"I've gotten so much support and I really wanted to do a good job for the people supporting me," Bono told co-host Brooke Burke Charvet after his dance. "[Physically it's] pretty challenging, but it's fun, and I'm really having the time of my life!"
Bono wasn't the only 'DWTS' celeb to win raves on Monday's show. Chynna Phillips and partner Tony Dovolani tied for first place with JR Martinez and Karina Smirnoff, each earning a score of 22 out of 30. At the bottom of the leaderboard this week were Ron "Metta World Peace" Artest and Peta Murgatroyd, who earned a score of 14 out of 30 points.
Tell Us: Which couple was your favorite on Monday night's 'Dancing With the Stars' premiere?
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- 7 Wonders for May 24, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 23, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 22, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 21, 2013
- 7 of Rihanna's Worst Looks
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite