- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Gary Lewis/Retna Ltd.5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Keanu Reeves, Reese Witherspoon Sci-Fi Romance 'Passengers' Acquired by The WeinstMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 11:33:46 AM
- VH1's 'I'm Married to a...' Preview: Age Is Just a Number for AnMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 11:30:54 AM
- Barry Diller, Alki David Settle Legal Spat Over BarryDriller.comMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 11:23:42 AM
- Rhythm & Hues Stalking Horse Bidder Settles for $300K Break-Up Fee (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 11:10:12 AM
- New 'Lone Ranger' Trailer: Armie Hammer Rises From the Dead (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 10:36:22 AM
- Keanu Reeves, Reese Witherspoon Sci-Fi Romance 'Passengers' Acquired by The Weinst
A representative for Claire Danes has threatened to sue a U.S. newspaper over false reports the actress has experienced permanent skin darkening around her eyes after endorsing an eyelash growth treatment.
Danes joined Brooke Shields this summer as a celebrity spokesperson for Latisse, a treatment from the makers of anti-aging facial injections Botox.
Latisse bosses warn that skin darkening is a reversible and less-common side effect of using the product.
The actress documented her 16-week journey with the cosmetic in a video diary on the Latisse website, admitting she suffered redness around her eyes for "about a week" at first, but hadn't experienced any side effects since.
RELATED: Read more about Claire Danes' career
The New York Post followed with a report suggesting the effected skin had permanently turned shades of purple and yellow.
However, Danes' representative has slammed the allegations.
A statement to the newspaper reads: "Your claims are entirely false. We will pursue legal action if you print anything to the contrary. This story should be killed."
A spokesperson for Latisse confirmed company bosses had no knowledge of Danes' alleged side effect: "We can only speak to what Claire has shared with us regarding her experience with Latisse, which is that she has been pleased with her results and continues to use the product.
"Claire's team has shared with us that she has not experienced skin hyperpigmentation following use of Latisse."
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite