Danielle Staub on New Girlfriend: 'She's a big part of my soul'Related: Danielle Staub
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Louis Dollagaray/Retna Ltd.3 of 5
- Photo: Michelle Gray/London Ent/Splash News4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Keanu Reeves, Reese Witherspoon Sci-Fi Romance 'Passengers' Acquired by The WeinstMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 11:33:46 AM
- VH1's 'I'm Married to a...' Preview: Age Is Just a Number for AnMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 11:30:54 AM
- Barry Diller, Alki David Settle Legal Spat Over BarryDriller.comMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 11:23:42 AM
- Rhythm & Hues Stalking Horse Bidder Settles for $300K Break-Up Fee (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 11:10:12 AM
- New 'Lone Ranger' Trailer: Armie Hammer Rises From the Dead (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 10:36:22 AM
- Keanu Reeves, Reese Witherspoon Sci-Fi Romance 'Passengers' Acquired by The Weinst
By Rebecca Silverstein, with reporting by Mary S. Park
Has "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Danielle Staub finally come out of the closet? Not quite, she says, but she was proud to show up with new girlfriend Lori Michaels at "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" premiere in New York on Tuesday night. Staub chatted with Wonderwall about her new relationship, her budding music career and summer plans.
Tell us about your new girlfriend. How is it going?
Danielle Staub: Everything feels really natural and organic for me. I'm doing my music and my kids are enjoying our lives, and we're entering into a new adventure. I'm looking to try and get more intimate and up close with people through my music and maybe my own show. You never know!
You've been very courageous coming out about your girlfriend. How has it improved your life?
DS: [I] don't think I could say I'm out or in. I can say that people are reading between the lines and pictures don't lie, and I'm going to leave it at that! When and if that moment arrives, I always speak for lesbians and the gay community, LBGT. I've been a part of the community for 30 years. Now, I just seem to be more a part of it, and people will see as the story unfolds called my life how much so. I don't think it's going to define me either way because people are going to have prejudice against me for any reason, [but] it's not going to be for whether I am [gay] or not. I can tell you in all honesty, I don't care much for men. Let's leave it at that.
Is your new relationship making you happy?
DS: I'm very happy. I really am. I'm not going to define anything about it, but I am going to say I'm very happy. She is with me tonight.
What do you like about Lori?
DS: She is a big part of my soul, a big part of my soul, and we show a lot of chemistry together and I think that the world needs to see that. It didn't lie on "Watch What Happens Live." I mean, you can tell that there's something there. And if people need a definition of it, they're just going to have to wait a little longer!
RELATED VIDEO: Danielle dishes on private parts
What would your advice be to someone who has family and kids and finds themselves in a gay relationship?
DS: I would say whatever makes you happy, you do it, and you don't listen to anybody else that tells you different, period. It's no one's life but your own. And if you're happy, you do it. Or call me up and I'll help you do it.
What's your status with your relationship with the women on "Real Housewives of New Jersey"?
DS: I don't think I want to be around that negativity. It makes good TV and I'll keep doing the show with them because it's like watching paint dry without me and what would they talk about? But I think I have a lot of supporters and it's on me to be strong enough to stand there and go, "You know what? You didn't beat me down. You're not taking me down.” And my family might be small, but we love each other with a huge power and a huge strength that no one can really tear apart.
What are your summer plans?
DS: Working! We're getting ready to go in and record. We're in production meetings today and tomorrow.
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite