Dave Chappelle Tells One Joke At Charity Event And Proceeds To Stare Down Audience
- Photo: JULIE JACOBSON/Invision/AP1 of 2
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Last night, Dave Chappelle was set to perform stand-up at the Summer Groove charity event in Miami. But turns out Mr. Chappelle does not, repeat does not, like his routines to be recorded. Seems he got so incensed by some guy filming him that he literally just stood onstage for over 45 minutes waiting for something to happen, though no one seems to know what. CNN's Roland Martin, who was there, tweeted what was going on. We've transcribed them out for you in chronological order because, honestly, they say it all.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Is Mila leading lady material?
This Dave Chappelle set is bizarre. He's spent more time going back & forth with one audience member, & pretty much stopped telling jokes
One woman just yelled, "Can you tell a joke so we can enjoy ourselves!" He got texted four times during his show and actually checked them
I'm jut not understanding what threw him off. He's complained about folks videotaping his set, yelling out loud. I don't get it
"This crowd is serious as hell," he says. Dave, we're trying to figure out what we've listened to for the last 25 minutes.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Learn all about Rhys's Comic Con confrontation
Chappelle says this is a "test of wills." He keeps saying "tick tock" & he has "nothing but time." He's just staring at the crowd & sighing
"As s----- as the show is, I can't wait to explain this on CNN." Dave Chappelle complaining about a guy taping his whole show
Then Dave started talking to me, asking if I was putting this on CNN. Yes, from the stage! He's been on stage 46 minutes & told one joke.
He kept saying "I respect your work." And then he said, He'll send me a tape of his better comedy work. This is a trip!
Well, there you have it folks. Dave Chappelle is going to take no attitude from no man! Even if he is supposed to be helping support students and families in need.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Read Amy Winehouse's obit
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite