David Arquette Apologizes to Courteney Cox for Racy Howard Stern Interview
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com3 of 6
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
"Thank you all for your love and support at this time," he tweeted Wednesday. "I'm trying figuring out how to be the best person I can be. But it's been a process of trial and error.
"I went on Howard Stern yesterday to provide clarity and honesty about what I'm experiencing but while doing that I shared too much ... it's alright for me to be honest about my own feelings but in retrospect some of the information I provided involved others and for that I am sorry and humbled."
Before signing off, he wrote that "life is a process of spiritual evolution. I'm sure Courteney and myself will emerge from this painful time better people for what we've learned."
During his racy chat, Arquette, 39, revealed that he and Cox, 46, stopped being intimate months ago, that he had been intimate with a cocktail waitress and that Cox ordered the separation because she felt like she was his "mother" and not his wife.
Stern, 56, defended Arquette on his show Wednesday. "He was protecting his wife and kid by telling the truth," said Stern.
"He handled himself very well," Stern also said. "He didn't hide away in his house. He went on a legitimate show and spoke his mind, and it was refreshingly honest. Anyone who heard it knew he was being honest."
Neither Cox nor Arquette "is holding up great, but they are adjusting to life on their own again," a family source tells the new Us Weekly (on newsstands now).
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Party
From Crowd Ignite