David Letterman Apologizes to Kirstie Alley for Weight JokesRelated: Kirstie Alley
- Photo: Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: Ben Dome, Matt Smith/Pacific Coast News2 of 8
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/AP3 of 8
- Photo: All Access Photo Agency/Retna Digital4 of 8
- Photo: RD/Leon / Retna Ltd./Retna Digital5 of 8
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Anonymous/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Amy Baker Promoted to SVP of HR for ITV Studios AmericaMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 8:43:48 AM
- Cannes Review: Soulless, Despicable 'Only God Forgives' Shuts Up and Slices LimbsMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 8:36:47 AM
- NYC woman gets probation for stalking actressMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 8:30:04 AM
- Robin Roberts Memoir Coming Next YearMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 8:25:40 AM
- Review: Hawke, Delpy pitch-perfect in 'Midnight'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 8:14:26 AM
- Amy Baker Promoted to SVP of HR for ITV Studios America
Kirstie Alley stepped off the scale to be a guest on "The Late Show with David Letterman" on Tuesday night. All in the name of fun, the quick-witted host and star quipped back and forth.
After welcoming Kirstie to the show, Letterman confessed that he has cracked jokes about her before. "I'm embarrassed now and if I need to apologize, I'd like to apologize," he said asking for forgiveness. "No, you don't need to because we make fun of you at my house too," whipped Kirstie.
RELATED: Memorable celeb apologies
The star of "Cheers" fame admittedly "went off the wagon" after a stint as a Jenny Craig spokeswoman. "I'm really skinny now, just on a different planet."
Letterman and Alley discussed diet tactics. Comparing the addictive chemicals in cigarettes to food ingredients, he theorized, "Everybody would like to lose weight...I blame the American food producers because…we get addicted to the food and the grease and we love it. Cake frosting, forget it, that's all I eat."
Alley agreed and is taking steps to change her habits. "That's what I'm working on now, is getting all the chemicals out of my life, out of all the foods, the pesticides, the insecticides, the herbicides, fungicides, all the antibiotics, all the hormones that are in food. It really is what's making us fat because I've always eaten a lot and I wasn't fat," she explained.
RELATED: David Letterman pics
On a mission to shed the pounds, Kirstie will star in a reality series to track her progress. "To see myself fat was hard. It's cathartic," she admitted. "I think other people are struggling with my weight more than I am. I'm losing weight now. I've lost about 24 pounds and I'm on my way on the downhill."
"Kirstie Alley's Big Life" premieres Sunday, March 21 on A&E.
More from ET: What's In Kirstie Alley's Fridge?
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite