Dax Shepard: Fatherhood is like falling 'in love for the first time'
- Photo: Brian To/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Getty Images North America2 of 11
- Photo: Brian To/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: KM/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet4 of 11
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com6 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Reuters9 of 11
- Photo: @IMKristenBell/Twitter10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
By Scott Huver
Dax Shepard has no complaints about being a first-time father -- even with all the early-morning wake-ups and constant diaper duty.
"I absolutely love it," he says of being a dad to 4-month-old daughter Lincoln with fiancée Kristen Bell. "It's every cliché I've ever heard."
Dax likens becoming a father to another magical moment in his life. "It's like when I was in seventh grade and fell in love for the first time," he told reporters after a panel promoting NBC's "Parenthood" at the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Saturday, July 27. "It's debilitating. Like, I almost can't function, and that's available 24/7, if I want -- which is amazing."
Also amazing? He swears he isn't sleep-deprived." It can be scheduled. You can take turns," insists the actor, 38. "If you're logical about your approach, there's a way for everyone to get some sleep, and we just knew that we had to be that way."
If he sounds like an old pro, he is -- sort of. "There's no real surprise. I was older when my little sister was born, so I had done this before," Dax adds. "I had changed a couple thousand diapers already, a couple million times. So I wasn't too afraid of it -- and it's been nothing but wonderful."
Next up for Dax and Kristen, 33: a wedding. But with a newborn at home, Kristen filming the "Veronica Mars" movie, and Dax back on the "Parenthood" set, he says they're hoping to keep things low-key. "We're getting married, for sure," he says. "But … I'm sure it will be a quick something."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite