Dax Shepard: Marrying Kristen Bell Cost $142, Was Worst Wedding Ever
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP1 of 20
- Photo: KM/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet2 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 20
- Photo: Brian To/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Reuters6 of 20
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN7 of 20
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN8 of 20
- Photo: JC1/WENN9 of 20
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: AB1/WENN11 of 20
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Reuters13 of 20
- Photo: @IMKristenBell/Twitter14 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: Venturini/Bauer-Griffin16 of 20
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage18 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP19 of 20
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Dax Shepard told Jimmy Kimmel on Monday, Oct. 28 that he is the "luckiest man in America" now that he can finally call Kristen Bell his wife. The gay rights advocates, who prolonged their engagement to three years until after the Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act, wed at the Beverly Hills County Clerk's Office in a simple ceremony on Oct. 17. So simple that it cost the parents to 7-month-old baby Lincoln, a paltry $142! And that included gas.
"It was just Kristen and I at this lonely courthouse so they brought us this cake afterwards," Shepard explained on "Jimmy Kimmel Live." Rather than a nice celebratory "Congrats lovebirds!" scrawled across the cake, the confection read, "The World's Worst Wedding." The proud newlywed wasn't offended. In fact, he proudly exclaimed, "How many people can say they threw 'The World's Worst Wedding?'"
The "Parenthood" star, who attended Jimmy Kimmel's more traditional July 13 star-studded wedding to Molly McNearney in Ojai, Calif., said the comedian's lavish nuptials inspired his cost-effective ceremony. "There were helicopters overhead. It felt like an episode of 'M*A*S*H,'" he recalled of Kimmel's big day. "Not that I was counting your money, but I was counting your money at this thing. It was flying out the windows. They were setting it on fire at this place!"
Shepard then found his solution: "So we went to the Beverly Hills Courthouse, and all in, with fuel to get there, $142 out the door."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite