Dax Shepard: Marrying Kristen Bell Cost $142, Was Worst Wedding Ever
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP1 of 20
- Photo: KM/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet2 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 20
- Photo: Brian To/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Reuters6 of 20
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN7 of 20
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN8 of 20
- Photo: JC1/WENN9 of 20
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: AB1/WENN11 of 20
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Reuters13 of 20
- Photo: @IMKristenBell/Twitter14 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: Venturini/Bauer-Griffin16 of 20
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage18 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social MeMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere More Than Doubles Original's RatinMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:59:00 AM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Season Debut Gets Theatrical RunMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- Exclusive: Mad Men's Rich Sommer Returning to ElementaryMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- VIDEO: Kathy Bates on Her Personal Ties to American Horror Story: Freak ShowMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:51:00 AM
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social Me
Dax Shepard told Jimmy Kimmel on Monday, Oct. 28 that he is the "luckiest man in America" now that he can finally call Kristen Bell his wife. The gay rights advocates, who prolonged their engagement to three years until after the Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act, wed at the Beverly Hills County Clerk's Office in a simple ceremony on Oct. 17. So simple that it cost the parents to 7-month-old baby Lincoln, a paltry $142! And that included gas.
"It was just Kristen and I at this lonely courthouse so they brought us this cake afterwards," Shepard explained on "Jimmy Kimmel Live." Rather than a nice celebratory "Congrats lovebirds!" scrawled across the cake, the confection read, "The World's Worst Wedding." The proud newlywed wasn't offended. In fact, he proudly exclaimed, "How many people can say they threw 'The World's Worst Wedding?'"
The "Parenthood" star, who attended Jimmy Kimmel's more traditional July 13 star-studded wedding to Molly McNearney in Ojai, Calif., said the comedian's lavish nuptials inspired his cost-effective ceremony. "There were helicopters overhead. It felt like an episode of 'M*A*S*H,'" he recalled of Kimmel's big day. "Not that I was counting your money, but I was counting your money at this thing. It was flying out the windows. They were setting it on fire at this place!"
Shepard then found his solution: "So we went to the Beverly Hills Courthouse, and all in, with fuel to get there, $142 out the door."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite