Dax Shepard: Marrying Kristen Bell Cost $142, Was Worst Wedding Ever
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP1 of 20
- Photo: KM/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet2 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 20
- Photo: Brian To/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Reuters6 of 20
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN7 of 20
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN8 of 20
- Photo: JC1/WENN9 of 20
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: AB1/WENN11 of 20
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Reuters13 of 20
- Photo: @IMKristenBell/Twitter14 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: Venturini/Bauer-Griffin16 of 20
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage18 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP19 of 20
More Celeb News
- AMC Greenlights Afghanistan Drama Pilot 'White City'MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:49:00 AM
- Is WGN America's Manhattan a Blast? 4 Reasons to Watch the Atomic DramaMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:30:00 AM
- 'Lucy' Scores $2.74 Million on Thursday Night, 'Hercules' GruntsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:24:00 AM
- Exclusive Video: Behind the Scenes of The Wonder Years Cast ReunionMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:39:00 AM
- Ratings: Top-Rated 'Big Brother' Pushes CBS to a WinMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:36:00 AM
- AMC Greenlights Afghanistan Drama Pilot 'White City'
Dax Shepard told Jimmy Kimmel on Monday, Oct. 28 that he is the "luckiest man in America" now that he can finally call Kristen Bell his wife. The gay rights advocates, who prolonged their engagement to three years until after the Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act, wed at the Beverly Hills County Clerk's Office in a simple ceremony on Oct. 17. So simple that it cost the parents to 7-month-old baby Lincoln, a paltry $142! And that included gas.
"It was just Kristen and I at this lonely courthouse so they brought us this cake afterwards," Shepard explained on "Jimmy Kimmel Live." Rather than a nice celebratory "Congrats lovebirds!" scrawled across the cake, the confection read, "The World's Worst Wedding." The proud newlywed wasn't offended. In fact, he proudly exclaimed, "How many people can say they threw 'The World's Worst Wedding?'"
The "Parenthood" star, who attended Jimmy Kimmel's more traditional July 13 star-studded wedding to Molly McNearney in Ojai, Calif., said the comedian's lavish nuptials inspired his cost-effective ceremony. "There were helicopters overhead. It felt like an episode of 'M*A*S*H,'" he recalled of Kimmel's big day. "Not that I was counting your money, but I was counting your money at this thing. It was flying out the windows. They were setting it on fire at this place!"
Shepard then found his solution: "So we went to the Beverly Hills Courthouse, and all in, with fuel to get there, $142 out the door."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite