Dax Shepard: Marrying Kristen Bell Cost $142, Was Worst Wedding Ever
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP1 of 20
- Photo: KM/FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet2 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 20
- Photo: Brian To/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Reuters6 of 20
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN7 of 20
- Photo: Mr. Blue/WENN8 of 20
- Photo: JC1/WENN9 of 20
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: AB1/WENN11 of 20
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Reuters13 of 20
- Photo: @IMKristenBell/Twitter14 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: Venturini/Bauer-Griffin16 of 20
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage18 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Bryan Singer Speaks Out for First Time on Sexual Abuse AllegationsMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:27:00 PM
- Amanda Seyfried Joins Hugh Jackman, Garrett Hedlund in Joe Wright's 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:25:00 PM
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into QuarterlyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:01:00 PM
- NBC's 'Community' Holds Down the Fort: See the Newest #SixSeasonsAndAMoviMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Sony Veteran Steve Elzer Launches New PR Company Elzer and AssociatesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Bryan Singer Speaks Out for First Time on Sexual Abuse Allegations
Dax Shepard told Jimmy Kimmel on Monday, Oct. 28 that he is the "luckiest man in America" now that he can finally call Kristen Bell his wife. The gay rights advocates, who prolonged their engagement to three years until after the Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act, wed at the Beverly Hills County Clerk's Office in a simple ceremony on Oct. 17. So simple that it cost the parents to 7-month-old baby Lincoln, a paltry $142! And that included gas.
"It was just Kristen and I at this lonely courthouse so they brought us this cake afterwards," Shepard explained on "Jimmy Kimmel Live." Rather than a nice celebratory "Congrats lovebirds!" scrawled across the cake, the confection read, "The World's Worst Wedding." The proud newlywed wasn't offended. In fact, he proudly exclaimed, "How many people can say they threw 'The World's Worst Wedding?'"
The "Parenthood" star, who attended Jimmy Kimmel's more traditional July 13 star-studded wedding to Molly McNearney in Ojai, Calif., said the comedian's lavish nuptials inspired his cost-effective ceremony. "There were helicopters overhead. It felt like an episode of 'M*A*S*H,'" he recalled of Kimmel's big day. "Not that I was counting your money, but I was counting your money at this thing. It was flying out the windows. They were setting it on fire at this place!"
Shepard then found his solution: "So we went to the Beverly Hills Courthouse, and all in, with fuel to get there, $142 out the door."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite