'Deception' star Meagan Good chats about marriage and her career.Related: Celeb Spotlight
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/AP1 of 8
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Katy Winn/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 8
- Photo: BT1/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: AP1/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
By Jessica Wedemeyer
"Deception" star Meagan Good is back to work -- but that doesn't mean the honeymoon period is over for the newlywed, who tied the knot with Columbia Pictures VP DeVon Franklin last summer. The actress and her new husband have been living in marital bliss -- across the country from each other! -- ever since Meagan booked her role on the NBC murder mystery (which airs Mondays on NBC at 10/9c) just a month and a half after she walked down the aisle.
"It's sad because obviously you're away from the person that you just married," she said during an intimate press luncheon for "Deception" with co-star Laz Alonso. "You want to spend all your time with them and put all your energy into it."
But surprisingly, the distance hasn't been as tough on the newlyweds as they once feared. "It's constantly being on the phone, constantly Skyping," she said of how she and her L.A.-based hubby make it work while she's on the "Deception" set in New York. "He came into town as much as he could, which turned out to be more than we expected."
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
She adds, "You just stay focused on the fact that the marriage is the prize, not anything else. Everything else is secondary to that."
Meagan, it seems, is also fortunate to have an incredibly supportive husband, who pushed her to take on "Deception" in spite of their newlywed status.
"I was nervous coming into it," she says of her decision to commit to "Deception" so quickly after tying the knot. "I was like, 'I really feel that we're going to get picked up,' and he was like, 'Well, then you really need to get ready and pack your bags. I'll come out there with you to set you up. I'll come back as much as I can. But, you know, you need to get focused and get into it. Have you gone to the gym yet?' He's very, very supportive."
Now that she's wrapped shooting her part in the soapy drama about an undercover detective attempting to solve her childhood best friend's murder, Meagan is looking forward to getting back to the basics: "I just want to be home and cook and wash clothes and just be domesticated and enjoy that," she said.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
As Joanna's former colleague and lover on "Deception," Laz Alonso's Will Moreno only has eyes for his sexy partner in crime fighting. In real life, the hunky "Fast & Furious" alum is single -- and ready to mingle.
"I'm pretty traditional when it comes to dating," Laz explained when asked to clarify his relationship status. "When I am in a relationship, I look at it as potential wife [material], so at times, that makes me pretty selective. I don't just jump into a relationship because when I do, I go in. So I'm kind of in that 'not in' stage, where I'm single. …. When I meet somebody that I like, I know it and I don't have any questions. I completely, 100 percent go from zero to 60. Until that happens, I'm just kind of open and available to meet that, and when I do, then it's on."
The actor took it a step further, detailing exactly what he's looking for in a woman.
RELATED: Best and worst beach bods
"I like a strong woman," he said. "Usually when I'm in a relationship, it's with that alpha female type of woman. I don't mind kicking back and letting a woman call certain shots. I think that it kind of turns me on. I love confidence in a woman. I love a woman that has her own opinion and her own thoughts on things -- whether I agree or not. I just love to have that conversation, and some kind of debate even, to me, keeps things interesting. … I always have enjoyed dating someone who stimulates me and motivates me and challenges me and keeps me on my toes in all areas."
Could you be the perfect fit for the "Deception" star?
(NBC's "Deception" is produced by BermanBraun, the same company that produces Wonderwall.)
- Spike TV's 2013 Guys Choice Awards
- 2013 GLAAD Awards
- 2013 Coachella Hard Rock Lounge
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2013
- Elton John's Oscar Viewing Bash
- 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
- 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- 2012 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 'Breaking Dawn: Part 2' Premiere Red Carpet
- 2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- 'The Dictator' London Premiere
- 2012 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 2011 MTV Movie Awards
- 2011 Kids' Choice Awards Orange Carpet
- 2011 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Golden Globes NBC After Party Red Carpet
- 2011 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 MTV Video Music Awards White Carpet
- 2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- Spike Awards Red Carpet
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Wango Tango Red Carpet
- Hot Tub Time Machine Red Carpet
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite