'Deception' star Meagan Good chats about marriage and her career.Related: Celeb Spotlight
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/AP1 of 8
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage2 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Katy Winn/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage5 of 8
- Photo: BT1/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: AP1/WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
By Jessica Wedemeyer
"Deception" star Meagan Good is back to work -- but that doesn't mean the honeymoon period is over for the newlywed, who tied the knot with Columbia Pictures VP DeVon Franklin last summer. The actress and her new husband have been living in marital bliss -- across the country from each other! -- ever since Meagan booked her role on the NBC murder mystery (which airs Mondays on NBC at 10/9c) just a month and a half after she walked down the aisle.
"It's sad because obviously you're away from the person that you just married," she said during an intimate press luncheon for "Deception" with co-star Laz Alonso. "You want to spend all your time with them and put all your energy into it."
But surprisingly, the distance hasn't been as tough on the newlyweds as they once feared. "It's constantly being on the phone, constantly Skyping," she said of how she and her L.A.-based hubby make it work while she's on the "Deception" set in New York. "He came into town as much as he could, which turned out to be more than we expected."
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
She adds, "You just stay focused on the fact that the marriage is the prize, not anything else. Everything else is secondary to that."
Meagan, it seems, is also fortunate to have an incredibly supportive husband, who pushed her to take on "Deception" in spite of their newlywed status.
"I was nervous coming into it," she says of her decision to commit to "Deception" so quickly after tying the knot. "I was like, 'I really feel that we're going to get picked up,' and he was like, 'Well, then you really need to get ready and pack your bags. I'll come out there with you to set you up. I'll come back as much as I can. But, you know, you need to get focused and get into it. Have you gone to the gym yet?' He's very, very supportive."
Now that she's wrapped shooting her part in the soapy drama about an undercover detective attempting to solve her childhood best friend's murder, Meagan is looking forward to getting back to the basics: "I just want to be home and cook and wash clothes and just be domesticated and enjoy that," she said.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
As Joanna's former colleague and lover on "Deception," Laz Alonso's Will Moreno only has eyes for his sexy partner in crime fighting. In real life, the hunky "Fast & Furious" alum is single -- and ready to mingle.
"I'm pretty traditional when it comes to dating," Laz explained when asked to clarify his relationship status. "When I am in a relationship, I look at it as potential wife [material], so at times, that makes me pretty selective. I don't just jump into a relationship because when I do, I go in. So I'm kind of in that 'not in' stage, where I'm single. …. When I meet somebody that I like, I know it and I don't have any questions. I completely, 100 percent go from zero to 60. Until that happens, I'm just kind of open and available to meet that, and when I do, then it's on."
The actor took it a step further, detailing exactly what he's looking for in a woman.
RELATED: Best and worst beach bods
"I like a strong woman," he said. "Usually when I'm in a relationship, it's with that alpha female type of woman. I don't mind kicking back and letting a woman call certain shots. I think that it kind of turns me on. I love confidence in a woman. I love a woman that has her own opinion and her own thoughts on things -- whether I agree or not. I just love to have that conversation, and some kind of debate even, to me, keeps things interesting. … I always have enjoyed dating someone who stimulates me and motivates me and challenges me and keeps me on my toes in all areas."
Could you be the perfect fit for the "Deception" star?
(NBC's "Deception" is produced by BermanBraun, the same company that produces Wonderwall.)
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite