Ellen DeGeneres urges fans to adopt a turkey for Thanksgiving
- Photo: Mark Lennihan/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Anthony Monterotti/Pacific Coast News2 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/TCA 2011/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Fern/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: RAH/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Michael Rozman/Warner Bros/NC1/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Michael Rozman/Warner Bros.8 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/NBC9 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: NBC Universal/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: VT/DK/PW/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Michael Rozman/Warner Bros./Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
Comedienne Ellen Degeneres is urging her fans to avoid turkey feasts this Thanksgiving (2011) and instead adopt a bird for charity.
The U.S. talk show host is backing the Farm Sanctuary's Adopt-A-Turkey Project ahead of America's November (2011) holiday in a bid to boost the population of the feathered creatures.
She says, "Did you know that every year between 250 and 300 million turkeys are bred for slaughter in the United States? More than 46 million for Thanksgiving alone.
"So, this Thanksgiving instead of eating a turkey, please join me in adopting one from Farm Sanctuary's Adopt-A-Turkey Project and you can give a turkey something to be thankful for."
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite