Demi Lovato Slams Disney on Twitter For Eating Disorder Joke
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: @ddlovato/Twitter3 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 16
- Photo: @ddlovato/Twitter5 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Matthias Vriens-McGrath/Glamour7 of 16
- Photo: Matthias Vriens-McGrath/Wonderwall8 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: @demilovato/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Santi/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- 'Bad Words' Review: Jason Bateman's Directorial Debut Exhilarates Until IMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Newsweek Bitcoin Writer Fires Back at Tina Brown: 'I Have A Problem' With Her CommMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 6:50:00 PM
- The Best. Baseball Movie. Ever (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 5:54:00 PM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban So
Demi Lovato has been open with her fans about her struggle with food, and now the star is fuming over a joke about eating disorders on the Disney Channel's show "Shake It Up."
Lovato, 19, who entered rehab last year for bulimia and bipolar disorder was upset with a character who quipped, "I could just eat you up, well if I ate."
"I find it really funny how a company can lose one of their actress' from the pressures of an EATING DISORDER and yet still make joke about that very disease. #nice," the singer and former star of "Sonny With a Chance," tweeted Friday.
Lovato added: "And is it just me or are the actress' [on Disney Channel] getting THINNER AND THINNER.... I miss the days of RAVEN, and LIZZIE MCGUIRE," referencing former Disney actresses Raven Simone and Hilary Duff.
She then sent one final message to her former employer: "Dear Disney Channel, EATING DISORDERS ARE NOT SOMETHING TO JOKE ABOUT."
In addition to reaching more than five million followers, Lovato's rant clearly made it to Disney. Just a few hours later the company's official public relations responded to her with two tweets:
"@ddlovato - we hear you & are pulling both episodes as quickly as possible & reevaluating them"
"@ddlovato - It's NEVER our intention to make light of eating disorders!"
As a result, Disney pulled the "Shake It Up" episode titled "Party It Up" and an episode of another show called "So Random!."
The company's quick actions seemed to satisfy Lovato. She tweeted: "@DisneyChannelPR thank you."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Katy Perry and John Mayer to Paula Patton and Robin Thicke, get the scoop on all the breakups in Hollywood.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the rumors surrounding Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite