Demi Lovato Slams Disney on Twitter For Eating Disorder Joke
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: @ddlovato/Twitter3 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 16
- Photo: @ddlovato/Twitter5 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Matthias Vriens-McGrath/Glamour7 of 16
- Photo: Matthias Vriens-McGrath/Wonderwall8 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: @demilovato/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Santi/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Jim Gaffigan's CBS Pilot Gets Series Order From TV LandMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: A Once Connection, Sons' Final Ride, and a Big Grey's DecisionMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:42:00 PM
- Judd Apatow Hires 'South Park's' Pam Brady to Rewrite 'Business MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:36:00 PM
- CW's 'Flash' Adds 'Rake's' Kelly Frye as SuperMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:25:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WME
Demi Lovato has been open with her fans about her struggle with food, and now the star is fuming over a joke about eating disorders on the Disney Channel's show "Shake It Up."
Lovato, 19, who entered rehab last year for bulimia and bipolar disorder was upset with a character who quipped, "I could just eat you up, well if I ate."
"I find it really funny how a company can lose one of their actress' from the pressures of an EATING DISORDER and yet still make joke about that very disease. #nice," the singer and former star of "Sonny With a Chance," tweeted Friday.
Lovato added: "And is it just me or are the actress' [on Disney Channel] getting THINNER AND THINNER.... I miss the days of RAVEN, and LIZZIE MCGUIRE," referencing former Disney actresses Raven Simone and Hilary Duff.
She then sent one final message to her former employer: "Dear Disney Channel, EATING DISORDERS ARE NOT SOMETHING TO JOKE ABOUT."
In addition to reaching more than five million followers, Lovato's rant clearly made it to Disney. Just a few hours later the company's official public relations responded to her with two tweets:
"@ddlovato - we hear you & are pulling both episodes as quickly as possible & reevaluating them"
"@ddlovato - It's NEVER our intention to make light of eating disorders!"
As a result, Disney pulled the "Shake It Up" episode titled "Party It Up" and an episode of another show called "So Random!."
The company's quick actions seemed to satisfy Lovato. She tweeted: "@DisneyChannelPR thank you."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVegas Turn Up
From Crowd Ignite