Demi Lovato Slams Disney on Twitter For Eating Disorder Joke
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: @ddlovato/Twitter3 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.4 of 16
- Photo: @ddlovato/Twitter5 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Matthias Vriens-McGrath/Glamour7 of 16
- Photo: Matthias Vriens-McGrath/Wonderwall8 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: @demilovato/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Santi/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
Demi Lovato has been open with her fans about her struggle with food, and now the star is fuming over a joke about eating disorders on the Disney Channel's show "Shake It Up."
Lovato, 19, who entered rehab last year for bulimia and bipolar disorder was upset with a character who quipped, "I could just eat you up, well if I ate."
"I find it really funny how a company can lose one of their actress' from the pressures of an EATING DISORDER and yet still make joke about that very disease. #nice," the singer and former star of "Sonny With a Chance," tweeted Friday.
Lovato added: "And is it just me or are the actress' [on Disney Channel] getting THINNER AND THINNER.... I miss the days of RAVEN, and LIZZIE MCGUIRE," referencing former Disney actresses Raven Simone and Hilary Duff.
She then sent one final message to her former employer: "Dear Disney Channel, EATING DISORDERS ARE NOT SOMETHING TO JOKE ABOUT."
In addition to reaching more than five million followers, Lovato's rant clearly made it to Disney. Just a few hours later the company's official public relations responded to her with two tweets:
"@ddlovato - we hear you & are pulling both episodes as quickly as possible & reevaluating them"
"@ddlovato - It's NEVER our intention to make light of eating disorders!"
As a result, Disney pulled the "Shake It Up" episode titled "Party It Up" and an episode of another show called "So Random!."
The company's quick actions seemed to satisfy Lovato. She tweeted: "@DisneyChannelPR thank you."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "That '70s Show" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite